Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Dan asked in the comments a couple of weeks ago how I could like Obama and Ron Paul. I wanted to answer that it's because Liberal and Libertarian kind of sound the same. But I addressed the issue in a post I made back in February. I still feel like Obama is more grounded in real-world, workable solutions, and less driven by ideology than anyone else running. His FISA vote back in June exemplified that, I think. It was a cold bucket of water on the heads of lefties who assumed Obama would always be their anti-Bush.

Also in that post I mentioned how Steven Leavitt, author of Freakonomics, predicted Obama would be president on his blog back in November 2006.

I was reminded of that when I happened upon this electoral map resulting from a survey conducted that month. Obama 28, McCain 510. He's come a long way.

2 comments:

Dan said...

Thanks Adam for the reply. Your blog is always well thought out, entertaining and well done. I hope that you are right about Obama. I am not so sure, but we will see what happens. Next time I have a politically charged question I will email you rather than post it on your blog!

Adam Lowe said...

Hey, thanks. I don't mind talking about politics, but obviously it can get dicey, and you know, I try to keep an even keel around here. Email me and I might tell you why I think Obama's stance on abortion is closer to the LDS church's than McCains!

Post a Comment