Wednesday, December 20, 2006

In commemoration of the tenth anniversary of Carl Sagan's death, Joel Schlosberg has organized a Carl Sagan Blog-a-thon. Everyone with a blog who considers themselves a fan of Sagan is encouraged to say a little something.

I first encountered Sagan when I read The Demon Haunted World in July 2002. I can honestly say it changed the way I think about the world around me. I am now constantly asking myself "How good is the evidence?" when considering new ideas or even when reevaluating long-held beliefs. Not to mention that in my line of work, my Baloney Detector gets plenty of exercise.

In honor of this day, I recommend the May 12, 2006 episode of Radio Lab, all about Space. The first part, entitled Looking Up, features an interview with Ann Druyan that captures the romance that characterized space exploration during the 1970s.

1 comments:

Clark said...

My only experience reading Sagan was Contact, which left me with the general feeling of, "Get on with the stupid story already, you've gone off on your philosophical tangent for 40 pages already!"

Post a Comment