Monday, December 18, 2006

I've started a blog several times, but I always seem to come back around to the realization that writing well and having something to say are two different things.

I don't have any particularly keen insights on the minutiae of daily life, and I've never been successful at keeping a journal. So I've abandoned all attempts to try and make this some kind of online diary.

Last time I tried blatantly ripping off Dooce and writing a letter to each of my kids on their month-birthdays. (I figured even I could do just four posts per month.) I wrote a killer post about Benjamin's manic personality and then proceeded to procrastinate Michael's entry until Timothy's was due, and before I knew it, they were piling up. I don't need that pressure.

So here's my new strategy. Link Aggregation. I do it all day anyway--I poke around online and IM interesting links to the guy I share an office with. Now I will just be sharing my favorite links each day with the rest of the Internet.

Or maybe not each day. Maybe once a week, or once an Olympiad. There's no pressure.

Alright, enough stalling, time for the inaugural link:

Winterbells

There are many addictive flash games out there, but the sound and animation in this one cause it to stand out. My high score last night was 58,000 and change.