Thursday, October 9, 2008

There is a Hyatt Regency hotel at the DFW airport that used to be an Amfac. When I was a kid our family went there for an all-you-can-eat buffet. It must have been some kind of event with my dad's work.

I was probably about seven or eight, I just know that I had recently discovered shrimp. My parents used to dump a couple of pounds of shrimp in a big bowl of ice and eat shrimp cocktail while watching TV. They would share with us kids, but I could never get enough.

That buffet was my chance to eat all the shrimp I wanted. And I did. I ate so much shrimp that I spent the car ride home curled up in the fetal position, afraid that each bump would make me barf. I felt so sick. But I'd do it again, because I love shrimp.

This guy knows what I'm talking about.

4 comments:

Clark said...

Chocolate Milk. Give me enough of it and I will drink it all, and end up feeling sick. Everytime. And I still never regret it. (I prefer it from the BYU creamery.)

Jeanine said...

I totally remember that dinner. I must have been like 5 or 6, right?
I remember eating lobster, and dunking it in butter. I also remember the desserts. Such good food! Wasn't it by the airport? It must have been, because every time we drive to DFW I really want lobster!

Adam Lowe said...

Wow, I can totally remember the chocolate milk they served at the Morris Center. It must be the same stuff, right? At the MTC, too.

Matt said...

I have no memory of that night. I feel like I missed out because I can't remember.

Post a Comment